THE FIVE CHURCHESServing Jesus by serving the local community in the Stansted area
We are a group of five Church of England churches comprising St John’s Church, Stansted Mountfitchet; St Mary the Virgin Church, Birchanger; St Mary the Virgin Church, Farnham; Holy Trinity Church, Takeley and All Saints Church, Little Canfield.
Some highlights for November 2023
Weekly Sunday services are:
• St John’s (Stansted), 9.30am
• St Mary’s (Birchanger), 11.15am
• St Mary’s (Farnham), 11.15am
• Holy Trinity (Takeley) and All Saints (Little Canfield), 9.30am
Sunday services will be held at Holy Trinity on the 12th and 26th of November.
Sunday services will be held at Little Canfield on the 5th, 12th and 19th of November.
Remembrance Sunday services will be at
• Stansted – 9.30am service in St John’s; 10.45am in the memorial gardens
• Birchanger – 10.50am service, beginning at the war memorial in the churchyard, then continuing in the church.
• Farnham – 10.45am service, beginning and ending in church, with a procession to the war memorial in the churchyard.
• Takeley – 10.45am at the Silver Jubilee Hall, followed by a service in Holy Trinity
• Little Canfield – 9.30 service at All Saints; 10.45am at the American war memorial.
• Fireworks, Friday 3rd November, from 5.30pm, Millers Field (next to Holy Trinity Church, Takeley).
• Beer and Hymns, Saturday 11th November, after the meat raffle, Birchanger Social Club
• Christmas Market, Saturday 18th November, 12pm-3pm, St John’s Hall (Stansted)
• Coffee mornings, Thursdays from 11.00am, Touchpoint Community Hub (Stansted)
• Wednesday tea afternoons at Birchanger meeting room, 2-4pm
• Coffee Pot, Tuesdays from 10.00am (Little Canfield)
• Coffee morning, Wednesday 29th November, 10.00am, St Mary’s Church (Farnham)
• Discipleship group, Thursday evenings at 8pm. Please contact Rev Colin for details.
There is further information about weekly events on our bulletin page.
St Mary the Virgin,
St Mary the Virgin,
THE FIVE CHURCHES
What we have in common
The Staff Team
Get In Touch
Bulletins and the Grapevine
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. The PCCs of the five churches have adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding, which may be found on the Church of England’s website